How could I drive past this when I saw this old school bench discarded
on a neighbour's lawn??
Here is it outside my woodworking teachers shed,
just after I got rid of the rotting wooden seat.
After I took everything off the seat that was unnecessary or rotting,
I gave it a good old sand.
This splotch of oil and water came out of the frame, much to the delight of the class!
Well, everyone except Mr G who just rolled his eyes.
I painted the frame with rust guard (after I took this photo) with the intention of spraying it with spray paint, but I really liked the result.
So I left it as is (you can see it in the photo below).
After we planed and cut the wooden panels, we fitted them onto the frame
to create a new funky bench seat.
Here it is outside my studio before I oiled it.
And now, hurrrrrrrah!!! Here's the finished bench in my front garden.